FORUMS: list search recent posts

PowerPoint on a DVD with slide pause or infinite loop?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan T
PowerPoint on a DVD with slide pause or infinite loop?
on Jun 3, 2005 at 1:07:05 am

Hi,

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to do a infinite loop at a chapter point until the user press a button (assignable) to go forward or backward. My client is interested in having a PowerPoint presentation play on a DVD but he wants to be able to use it exactly like on a PC (pause on a slide while he talk and then press a button to continue or back a slide).

Currently I have DVD Architect and the only way I can do it is to have each slide as a menu and basically have a nested menu structure (40 deep as I have 40 slides) which is a painful way of doing things.

I found a software called PowerPoint2DVD that does it but I don't like the way the button look or the placement of the button.

Any idea which other DVD authoring package can do this easily?

Thanks for the help

Dan,

Return to posts index

Oc Cruz
Re: PowerPoint on a DVD with slide pause or infinite loop?
on Jun 3, 2005 at 6:25:30 pm

I know DVD Studio Pro (from Apple) allows you to add what is called "DVD-ROM Content" to a DVD. I've done this by adding PDFs and HTML files, I've never done it with any of the MS applications, though. According to the manual, DVD-ROM Content can be any kind of file format and as long as the OS recognizes the file format it should launch its application.

Oc Cruz.

Return to posts index

Dan T
on Jun 3, 2005 at 9:11:32 pm

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I want to create a DVD to play on a TV that plays the presentaton and it will pause automatically for each slide.

Return to posts index

Oc Cruz
on Jun 6, 2005 at 3:06:38 pm

Well, you can set a time frame for each slide before moving onto the next one, or you can create a track (with the presentation slide)to jump to--adding a script to it, then add a button to the track to jump to the next track (or presentation slide)and so on... You can create nice looking buttons in Photoshop and then import them into your DVD authoring application, this requires a little more developing within your DVD application, however!

-Oc-

Return to posts index

Pierre-Luc
on Jun 6, 2005 at 4:49:28 pm

Many DVD authoring program let you make slideshow. You can choose to have your slideshow to play continuously or, as you wish, pause each slide and let the user go back/forward. If your don't have transitions or any effects into your Powerpoint, slideshow is your best alternative. DVD Studio Pro do that very well and has many other options. A less price range program, but not less powerful, is DVDlab-pro.

Pete

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]