FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD for replication

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Prem Chawla
DVD for replication
on May 21, 2005 at 2:47:41 am

Hi,

I have just finished authouring a DVD title on DVD Studio Pro. I have included CSS copy protection. Now i have to send it off for replication. my option burn a DLT. I have a HP VS80 DLT. it is not tested for mac. has anyone used it successfully with the MAC. if i burn a disc image and copy it to the DLT on a PC Platform - will all the CSS information be included. Also i would like to know if any of u guys know of a DLT that works with MAC.

Cheers

Prem

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: DVD for replication
on May 21, 2005 at 6:41:28 pm

It must be a DLT directly controlled by DVD Studio Pro. Try it. Also give the replicator a call- they may be able to loan or recommend a suitable DLT drive.

Noah

Return to posts index

Prem Chawla
on May 21, 2005 at 11:19:49 pm

hinoah,

Thanks. I have been doing some checking and the is a FW DLT in the market - any idea who deals with it.??

regards

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 22, 2005 at 12:01:58 am

Best to stick with a SCSI drive. if you're in L.A. or NYC these are easily found for rent.

Noah

Return to posts index

kenh
by
on May 23, 2005 at 9:14:42 pm

Aloha Prem,

I looked up the specs for your drive on the HP website and they say the following

The HP StorageWorks DLT VS80 Tape Drive provides customers with mid-ranged servers a value priced solution for their backup needs. It has a capacity of up to 80 GB compressed and can back up 6 MB/s compressed (assumes 2 to 1 compression). The DLT VS80 provides Backward Read Compatibility (BRC) with the DLT 4000 and read/write compatibility with DLT 1 media.

It appears that this drive cannot write DLT4000 format, which is what most replicators have standardized on, although it is possible that your replicator can take DLT1 ofr the VS80 native format (call and ask). All DLT4000 type drives were made by Quantum, so if you can find one of any brand it should work. And stick with SCSI drives as Noah suggests.

Return to posts index

Prem Chawla
on May 30, 2005 at 7:21:09 am

Thanks a ton guys.

cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]