FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVDSP 2 - stepping issues on burned dvd. Not in simulator. Help!

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nichole
DVDSP 2 - stepping issues on burned dvd. Not in simulator. Help!
on May 18, 2005 at 11:21:41 pm

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Basically, I have capture footage w/in FCP HD, exported w/ quitcktime conversion to MPEG2. My bit rate is 3.5-5.5, 2 pass. When I am in DVDSP 2, within the simulator, my movies play fine. However, when the dvd is burned and I want to check it, the video are steppy and jittery. HELP! Major Deadline, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows anything that can help.

Nichole

Return to posts index

Nichole
Re: DVDSP 2 - stepping issues on burned dvd. Not in simulator. Help!
on May 18, 2005 at 11:48:53 pm

It also isn't the burner....tried it on two different computers.
Ad Ajency is NOT going to be happy : (

N.

Return to posts index

Roadkill
on May 19, 2005 at 12:30:27 pm

Nichole,

The jittering is probably caused by in incorrect field order (field dominance) setting in the MPEG encoder. If you encoded previously with a "top field first" setting, try encoding again as "bottom field first" and vice versa.

Additionally to avoid set top player playback problems, I would suggest to use a maximum bit rate setting for the MPEG-2 video of no more than 7Mb/s and to use A.Pack to convert the audio to Dolby Digital (AC3) at 192 or 224Kb/s.

Return to posts index

Nichole
on May 19, 2005 at 4:54:36 pm

Thanks for your help. I've tried this method as well, still same problem. We have an AJA card. Talked to the Aja people about the mpeg2 encoder out of FCP. He suggested to take FCP movies into Quicktime and make the mpeg2's from there. He also mentioned this has happened before to others. So, go figure, who knows. I think we just need an upgrade to at least DVDSP 3, but that's out of my hands.

ANYWAY, thanks for the help. I appreciated it.

Nichole.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]