DVD-Video Logo for a Printed Label on DVD-R

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Asaf
DVD-Video Logo for a Printed Label on DVD-R
by
on May 8, 2005 at 2:14:04 am

Hello,
I understand that a company needs to purchase a license from the DVD Forum to use the logo and buy the spec books. However, all I am trying to do is using the logo on a printed label of a DVD-R disc and is not used for commercial purposes. Does anyone know if this is allowed if it is for home use only? Or does one still need to buy a license.

Thanks for advice!

Return to posts index

Aanarav Sareen
Re: DVD-Video Logo for a Printed Label on DVD-R
on May 8, 2005 at 3:44:11 am

Technically (and legally) , it is still required. This situation is similar to the use of popular songs and their use in personal videos.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on May 8, 2005 at 4:40:27 am

The logo is licensed property -- its that simple. There are a zillion ways to rationalize making use of someone else's property, but that doesn't make it right. You have to ask yourself, would you want someone using your property without your permission, and without paying for it, even if it was for non-commercial purposes?

Return to posts index

Asaf
by
on May 8, 2005 at 5:52:12 am

Thanks guys for the posts. Well I sent an email over to the official DVD FLLC about it and see what their take on it. :)

Return to posts index

Will Borden
on May 8, 2005 at 10:57:59 am

The DVD Video logo is for replicated DVD, not duplicated DVD (or DVD-R as it is called). If you have a DVD replicated, the replicating house will usually have the license to do this. I know, I've been there.

Will Borden <^_^>
have computer...won't travel
http://www.fiberglass-repair.com

Return to posts index

Roadkill
on May 8, 2005 at 4:39:45 pm

Here are some logos which can be used without violating the DVD FLLC copyright: artofdvd.com: free DVD logos.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]