FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advice

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
M. Jones
Advice
on May 3, 2005 at 6:19:54 am

Hey fellas,

I'm looking for the highest QUALITY encoding, DVD authoring software combination. Any suggestions?

I just bought, an Avid Xpress Studio. I'm using Sorensen Squeeze and AVID DVD by sonic. The DVD's look like crap. I've tried many different kinds of compression and I am so unhappy, I can barely type this email. I'm looking for something that gives a great image, or at least close to what the DVD's SHOULD look like. And a DVD authoring program that's easy to use with common sense options on it. Of course, I don't want to spend an arm and a leg. Is this asking too much?

Please let me know what you think.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Advice
on May 3, 2005 at 7:52:41 am

Marlon,

You've come to the right place for help, however, its likely that there is more to the problems you are experiencing than inadequate software. Besides recommending new ways to spend your money, consider letting the knowledgeble folks here help you to pinpoint the source of the issues that are causing your problems...

DVD creation isn't rocket science, nonetheless, there is fair anount of science involved. May I suggest that you tell us specifically what type of source material you are trying to encode, and then tell us a bit about the settings you've chosen in Sorenson Squeeze. For instance, is the original DV, or some other source type? Is it compressed or uncompressed in Avid? Are you choosing 720 x 480 frame size as the output from Sorenson or something different? The more you tell us, the more we can help.

Feel free to call me if you want, you know the number...

DRW

Return to posts index

Jason Casey
on May 3, 2005 at 5:53:07 pm

We use a Sonic Fusion system with a SD-1000 encoder card and always get great results. As said before, a lot depends on the source material though.

Return to posts index

Borjis
on May 3, 2005 at 6:11:14 pm

But that cost you and arm and a leg right jason? :)

Return to posts index

Jason Casey
on May 4, 2005 at 7:57:34 pm

From what I remember it was about $25,000 for a complete turnkey system. We bought it a couple years ago though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]