FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble with DVD+R DL

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt
Trouble with DVD+R DL
by
on May 2, 2005 at 3:09:03 pm

I'm having trouble burning dual layer discs in Toast and was wondering if anyone else is getting the same error.

I created a title in Sonic Creator and followed all of the same steps that I do when I make dual layer titles for replication. Instead of creating DLT Master tapes, I made another set of TS folders. Then I put them in Toast Titanium for buring a one-up proof for the client - with my LaCie Firewire Dual layer burner and Verbatim DL media. The disc appears to be burning fine until the end when it writes leadout and I get the following error:

The drive reported an error:
Sense Key = ILLEGAL REQUEST
Sense Code = 0x72, 0x03
SESSION FIXATION ERROR - INCOMPLETE TRACK IN SESSION

The disc then plays in a few players - but it's more hit or miss than I think it should be.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Does Toast have issue with the placement of the Layer Break that Creator set? Is it the Verbatim media?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Alex Alexzander
Re: Trouble with DVD+R DL
on May 2, 2005 at 3:41:12 pm

What I have done if I want to go DL is build the DVD to a VIDEO_TS folder. Then I burn that huge single TS folder in Nero 6 Ultra Mega using their DL option. Toast should do it as well, so should Gear Mastering Edition. Gear will allow you to set your own layer-break. I have no clue how to set your own layer break in Nero or Toast, or if they will even honor your set break point. They just do their own thing as far as I can tell.

Sacci used Creator and made some DL disks with Toast I believe, perhaps he can shed some light on your Creator workflow. You can find Sacci as a forum leader in the DVD Studio Pro forum.

http://www.creativecow.net/forum/view_posts.php?forumid=155

-Alex

Return to posts index

Borjis
on May 2, 2005 at 4:29:08 pm

Is it possible in creator to not specify the layer break?

It's my understanding that with recordable DL you ultimately
want the burning software to determine the break so that
each side is written equally precise.

Return to posts index

Matt
by
on May 2, 2005 at 4:45:06 pm

It's certainly possible - but for replication purposes I have to set it in Creator to make my DLT masters. The DL media was for a proof for the client - and the layer break was already set.

so, my suspicion that the layer break and toast were conflicting sounds like it could be the reason..... I'm using Toast Titanium 6.0 - is it maybe possible that my version of the software doesn't support dual layer burning?

Return to posts index

Alex Alexzander
on May 2, 2005 at 5:03:35 pm

Download the update.

It was at 6.0.7 last I used Toast, and it had a DL option where you select CD or DVD. If you don't see it there, chances are your version doesn't support the DL burner, but it a free update.

-Alex

Return to posts index

Robert plant
on May 3, 2005 at 9:27:00 pm

Sense Key error is your media .. some drives need a firmware update .
Ex Hp 630i or HP 630e without it you'll only burn Coasters

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]