FORUMS: list search recent posts

help, need it now!!

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
M. Jones
help, need it now!!
on Apr 28, 2005 at 9:43:44 pm

I'm running Avid Xpress Pro and Avid DVD by Sonic.

I keep getting an error that says: COULD NOT COMPLETE LAST COMMAND: USE OF INVALID EDITOR: EDITOR BASE

This happens whenever I go to build and burn a disk.

what am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Roadkill
Re: help, need it now!!
on Apr 28, 2005 at 11:05:50 pm

From the Sonic KnowledgeBase:

Symptom
When trying to import a specific .mpg file, it gives me an error message: "Could not complete the last command because: Use of invalid editor file reference::file reference editor database."
Solution
This usually stems from a corrupted folder or path error. We have found it best that you place all of your session's elements/assets (images, video clips, audio clips) into a single folder on the top level of a local drive (preferably C:). If you want to add a new asset, then place into this folder first then import the asset into the session. This makes it easier for not only our program, but the burning process as well and helps eliminate path errors.

Also, this error can occur with corrupted source files. If the above solution doesn't work, try re-encoding the file and reimporting.

Return to posts index

M. Jones
Re: help, need it now!!
on Apr 29, 2005 at 12:16:21 am

Thanks,

that worked, but guess what. My system won't allow me to open Sorensen Squeeze. I need that to do a proper encode, right?

everytime I try to open sorensen, everything freezes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]