FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Xpress Pro QT reference export for iDVD authoring

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Delisi
Avid Xpress Pro QT reference export for iDVD authoring
on Apr 26, 2005 at 10:37:04 pm

Hello, I have exported a QT reference movie (from Avid Xpress Pro), using the "Send To" feature to author a simple demo in iDVD. I tried buring a disc, but I find that it does not play ... nor does it seem to have the media. So, how do I get iDVD to compile the actual media and burn a disc that will play the movie independent of the Avid media from my session?

Thanks.

-Steve

Return to posts index

James
Re: Avid Xpress Pro QT reference export for iDVD authoring
on Apr 29, 2005 at 12:51:37 am

Have you tried doing this without using Send To feature, just in case that's broken? What version of XPro do you have?

Here's what works for me:

1) Export a QT Reference movie. Make sure you UNCHECK "Use Avid Codec" (I don't use the Send To feature)
2) Exit Avid Xpress Pro. Load your ref movie in QuickTime to make sure the export worked properly. Exit QuickTime
3) Open iDVD
4) Click Customize and choose your Theme.
5) Drag your QT reference movie onto the Theme preview area.
6 *optional* You may have to drag the QT ref movie again if the first drag merely created part of the DVD menu preview (for example, this is the case in the red curtain theme.)
7) set any other settings you want
8) Click Burn, insert your blank DVD and watch it go.

hope that helps
James Monohan

Return to posts index

Steven Delisi
on May 14, 2005 at 10:20:11 pm

James: Thank you for your advice...way back on April 29! Prior to getting your response to my posting, I had accomplished the proper export by trial & error (exactly as your instructions indicate), and then I became embroiled with final post, as well as a move to another state. So, I just want to let you know that I appreciate your response to my posting which confirms that I did the right procedure. Thanks again, Steve

Return to posts index

Ben Hannabuss
on Aug 16, 2009 at 12:33:00 am

Export QT ref from avid.

Open QT ref in QT pro.

Save as QT ref

Bring into idvd

Bobs your uncle

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved