FORUMS: list search recent posts

dvd/time date stamp problem with phillips DVDR 615 burner

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike britt
dvd/time date stamp problem with phillips DVDR 615 burner
on Apr 13, 2005 at 9:24:51 pm

I have moved a copy of this thread to this forum in the hopes that someone smarter than me can help figure out a problem I am having:

I am currently making a film using Avid XPress Pro (Student Edition), filming with a Canon XL1s, and burning the DVD's with a Phillips DVDR 615 burner.

While I am working and reviewing my footage through my computer everything is fine, but when I burn the DVD and play it on MOST DVD players, there appears, in some footage, a TIME/DATE box that appears in the bottom right hand corner of the screen (in a translucent light blue rectangular box). It does not appear on all of the footage in the film (approx. 1 1/2 hours), nor does it appear on all of the footage captured at the same time as the edited film it appears in. It even appears on parts of MINI DV footage that I didn't film with my Canon, but used my Canon to transfer onto my hardrive and work through AVID.

It basically reads, as an example (inside the shaded box):

09/18/2004
08:15pm

It does not read the same time/date through the whole film, but changes from one edited sequence to another. It also does not track with the dvd, nor even attempt to show 'real time' movement within the box, so it's not like an elapsed timer.

Lastly, the only DVD player it has NOT SHOWN UP ON when played through a tv is a cheap 50.00 Coby that I own. I have studied the Canon XL1s manual, and their time date stamp is very clearly shown on film, both while you are filming and during playback, so I don't think it's the camera. I can't find anywhere in the Phillips manual that mentions embedding a time/date stamp on it, and that leads me to believe it must be an AVID issue?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Return to posts index

Roadkill
Re: dvd/time date stamp problem with phillips DVDR 615 burner
on Apr 13, 2005 at 9:36:53 pm

From a post on the VideoHelp.com site:

An exerpt from the Phillips DVDR615/17 manual...

"Best Picture Quality
If you are using a Digital Video or Digital 8 camcorder, connect the DV IN IN jack of the DVD Recorder to the corresponding DV OUT jack on the camcorder. When films are transferred, the original recording date and time are stored as DVD subtitles. During playback, you can display this data on the TV screen by using the 'E' function (Subtitle)."

(from Philips DVDR 615)

It doesn't say how you can turn this feature off.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]