FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bolex H16

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Bolex H16
on Dec 1, 2016 at 1:34:37 am

I purchased a used H16 a couple of months ago. Is there anyway I can get a motor installed on the camera for longer takes? Was wondering if this possible and a rough estimate in cost. I am near the Dallas, Texas area. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Rick Wise
Re: Bolex H16
on Dec 1, 2016 at 3:01:39 am

There are electric motors for various Bolexes. Try a search on eBay and also GoogleSearch.

Rick Wise
Cinematographer
MFA/BFA Lighting and Camera Instructor Academy of Art University
San Francisco Bay Area
http://www.RickWiseDP.com

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Bolex H16
on Dec 1, 2016 at 3:49:55 am

There are definitely motors for the H16. I was curious enough to look to see if any were still around, there's one on eBay right now for 40 bucks.

I'm not sure if there were ever any crystal motors for the H16... which probably isn't an issue since that camera was so loud. They aren't anything that require any conversion or installation, you simply attach them.

You might check the CommieCam users group which I used to be very active in (but not really any more) at konvas.org. It's mostly people who use the wonderful cold-war era Russian 16mm and 35mm Konvas and Kinor cameras (like I used to) and the fantastic Russian LOMO and Foton lenses, but there are Bolex owners there as well (again, like I used to be).

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]