FORUMS: list search recent posts

recommendation on camera choices

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suzin Daly
recommendation on camera choices
on Oct 30, 2016 at 2:58:04 pm

I am ready to move up from my old Panasonic 150 HD 1080p. I have a Canon Mk III that I bought about 6 months ago which I will be using for short films. The thought was to get one of the Canon video cameras so I could share lenses. Now I am thinking not to lock myself in. I had great help when asking for recommendations on a shot gun mic. for six years I have gotten compliments on my sound. I am returning to the forum with the hopes lucking out again.

I am retired, I doubt if I will ever make a living, I enjoy working with the local independent filmmakers. They never have a budget. So I am mostly working on a volunteer basis. I am writing this because which camera depends on what am I going to use it for. I am not going to look to high end. A budget no more than 10K, which I think could give me something nice enough. Most of the films are just for festivals.

These are some of the features I would like;
I would like the camera to be able to do 1080, 2K and 4K. [I would like a full 4K & I don't want a DSLR that does 4K]. I would like to be able to slow motion in camera if I should so choose. I do a lot of low light, be nice if the camera had the sensors to handle, but I have lite for shadows and brought it down in post.

Hopefully the above makes sense.
Best
Suzin

Return to posts index

Cody Walters
Re: recommendation on camera choices
on Oct 31, 2016 at 6:45:24 pm

This sounds like a job for the fs7. It would fit the budget, super 35 sensor, internal nd, full 4k, awesome slow motion. I would go for that and even pair it with an a7s for low light.

Cody Walters
Houston Video Production
Houston Wedding Videographer

Adobe Creative Cloud
Canon C100, 6D, 60D

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Oct 31, 2016 at 7:16:21 pm

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I will investigate

Return to posts index

Alan Lloyd
on Nov 1, 2016 at 12:32:38 am

I can second at least some of the FS7 comments/recommendations.

I had my hands on one for some demo footage and the thing is quite nice. The 4K looks good, and the 180 fps slow motion at 1080P is absolutely gorgeous.

Memory cards are costly, though not unduly so, considering what Panasonic has charged for P2 cards.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]