FORUMS: list search recent posts

Extra-wide cheese plate, to mount 2 cams side-by-side?

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Extra-wide cheese plate, to mount 2 cams side-by-side?
on Oct 21, 2016 at 3:48:46 pm

I have a pair of full-size Panasonic P2 ENG cameras on standard Panasonic/Sony style Quick-release plates, and I want to be able to mount them tightly spaced, side-by-side, onto a single tripod head, using something like a Cheese Plate. So far, I can't find quite the right plate, because they're mostly designed to be used fore-and-aft and not side-by-side (and yes, I know the old short yet very wide runway joke).

Any shopping tips on a source for the plate, or should I just go to the local steel fabricator in town and have them cut and tap some bar/plate stock?

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
Re: Extra-wide cheese plate, to mount 2 cams side-by-side?
on Oct 21, 2016 at 4:22:57 pm

Check out filmtools.com
http://www.filmtools.com/instantsearchplus/result/?q=cheese%20plate&page_nu...

Steve

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Oct 21, 2016 at 4:41:15 pm

Hey Mark...

Whenever I've needed something like that, I've just made them myself out of aluminum stock. Aircraft Spruce (aircraftspruce.com) is a good source (and cheap) for stock material of whatever size and thickness you need. I've drilled (and tapped when needed) holes myself, although a machine shop could do that easily and cheaply.

I've just found when something really specific (and oddball) is needed, it's been better to custom make a part... and as a general rule isn't more expensive.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 21, 2016 at 4:53:21 pm

This specific oddball thanks you for the response:-) I have an inquiry out to the local steel fabricator. Still, it's easier for me, purchase-order-wise, to find a pre-made product .

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]