FORUMS: list search recent posts

DJI Camera Filter Specs

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Terry
DJI Camera Filter Specs
on Aug 6, 2016 at 5:59:35 pm

Does anyone here have or use DJI's Zenmuse X5 camera?... either on an drone or stabilizer?

I have an Osmo stabilizer on order from DJI, with the X5 camera and stock DJI MFT 15mm f/1.7 ASPH lens. I would like to go ahead and get a couple of filters for the camera and have them on hand for when the unit arrives (just a ND and polarizer), but I cannot seem to find anything regarding filter size for the lens. DJI's site has fairly complete specs for the lens, except filter size... same with B&H's site.

Inquiries to DJI for specs only go to tech support in Hong Kong, which is usually prompt and courteous, but there is definitely a language barrier and info is generally incomplete... something like "Most kind regards and thank you for your sincere question! DJI does not sell filters directly for the X5, please most happily purchase from other party!" Which is courteous, but not particularly helpful and doesn't answer my question at all.

I know the lens is threaded (there's a screw-on hood), just don't know what it is.

Anyone have one?

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Alan Lloyd
Re: DJI Camera Filter Specs
on Aug 6, 2016 at 6:57:54 pm

From the B&H page for the lens, it appears to have a 46mm diameter thread.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1186080-REG/dji_15mm_f_1_7_asph_lens....

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Aug 6, 2016 at 7:04:19 pm

Yeah, I see it does list some 46mm filters as "frequently bought together," which is a good indication. I do wish they'd give me the real specs in the actual item description before I went and bought a bunch of filters. It's probably a good enough indication that it is 46mm, I guess I could send them back if not right.

Thanks....

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Aug 6, 2016 at 8:51:39 pm

[Todd Terry] "Yeah, I see it does list some 46mm filters as "frequently bought together," which is a good indication. I do wish they'd give me the real specs in the actual item description before I went and bought a bunch of filters. It's probably a good enough indication that it is 46mm, I guess I could send them back if not right."

You have to buy filters explicitly for the Xenmuse. Normal 46mm filter threads are not compatible. You can get them to stick somewhat, but they aren't ideal, and you could damage the threads that are on the camera.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Aug 7, 2016 at 2:26:52 am

For what it's worth I finally did just get this from a DJI tech guy, fortunately a US-based one...

All of the following approved lenses for the Zenmuse X5 take standard 46mm filters.

DJI MFT 15mm f/1.7 ASPH
Panasonic Lumix 15mm f/1.7
Olympus M. ED 12mm f/2.0
Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8
Olympus M.Zuiko ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ
Olympus M.Zuiko 25mm f1.8
Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm f1.8

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Aug 7, 2016 at 3:39:34 am

Ah, I had my wires crossed with the Zenmuse X3 because the X5 doesn't have a lens built-in. It's a m4/3 camera and the typical X5 kit comes with a Lumix 15mm f/1.7.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]