FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best method for recording yourself holding an object

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Meeks
Best method for recording yourself holding an object
on May 28, 2016 at 11:40:04 pm

Greetings everyone! I have a question about recording yourself holding an object. I'm looking for some ideas/tips on how to best accomplish this (both inside and outside the studio.)

Here is what I am trying to accomplish. I am creating a commercial that features a mobile app. In this commercial, I want to record myself holding the phone and interacting with it. So pretty much only the phone and hand/wrist are visible in the shot.

I have been experimenting and come up with a couple DIY mounts for my chest and arm. This way, when I move the camera stays perfectly on the phone at all times. The mounts also allow me to record hands free so I can use both hands to interact with the phone if needed.

The problem is that I haven't got the level of quality I am looking for. Has anyone had any experience with this technique? Is there an option currently available on the market for this technique? Is there a specific camera designed for this? Any tips or ideas would be phenomenal.

Thanks again in advance!

Craig Meeks
http://www.bluefortressmedia.com

Return to posts index

Alan Lloyd
Re: Best method for recording yourself holding an object
on May 30, 2016 at 5:29:57 pm

Is having someone else operate the camera not an option?

Return to posts index

Craig Meeks
Re: Best method for recording yourself holding an object
on Jun 1, 2016 at 11:07:53 pm

That would definitely work as long as the camera operator can stay on the device as it moves. I think the best option may be connecting the device and the camera to one contraption so when I move the device the camera stays with the device.

Craig Meeks
http://www.bluefortressmedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]