FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matching Canon C300 MK II to SONY FS7

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Hayes
Matching Canon C300 MK II to SONY FS7
on May 9, 2016 at 5:07:20 pm

I'm trying to match my Canon C300 Mark II with my SONY FS7. Any ideas? I'm fine with the color science but the different Gammas a presenting a challenge.

Bob Hayes
DP
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: Matching Canon C300 MK II to SONY FS7
on May 11, 2016 at 8:56:35 pm

Test, test, test. There may be someone out there with specific setup information, but the best way to do it, in my opinion, is stick them side by side, and start doing A/B comparisons on a good dual-input monitor. Preferably with scopes.

If you can't find the setups you need, I would shoot log profiles in each, and slate your scenes with a color chip; in post, your editor/colorist can set the black, white, and grey point, as well as fine-tuning the white balance, based on that chip. It won't be completely perfect, but luckily both of these cameras shoot in enough detail and depth in the codec that you should have some leeway.

Obviously that's not ideal, but if you can't test, and nobody has the very specific camera setups to share, this would be the best way to give your colorist the tools they need to do it well.

This also might prove useful: http://www.xdcam-user.com/2015/04/s-log2-to-canon-luts-for-the-fs7f5f55a7s/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]