FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I mimick this look?

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dion Marion
How do I mimick this look?
on Dec 27, 2015 at 3:56:54 am

I'm fairly new to the whole, video production, and would like to know how to achieve this look? I did a bit research but I want to know what it takes to produce this cinematic music video & was wondering If I could get a quality like the link below

I have a canon 6D, with decent lens. Can I achieve this look?, is their specific lens I should look for?

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: How do I mimick this look?
on Dec 27, 2015 at 11:26:40 pm

That footage is probably RED or Alexa footage, but you should be able to get close by crop marks on your preview monitor and framing for the roughly 2.35:1 aspect they are shooting in. The lighting seems pretty much clean ambient with maybe 1-2 lights and daylight bounce. You can try softFX lens filters or overlay them in post for the highlight flares and soft looks.

The end of roll transitions are probably just digital juice type of effects.

In post crop your image to the matching aspect ratio, assuming you framed using the guides in the 1st place.

White balance at night will be your most critical issue, since with RAW formats you can play with it in post easier than AVC from your 6D.

Return to posts index

Dion Marion
on Jan 1, 2016 at 6:27:48 pm

Thanks for your reply! really appreciate the feedback

Return to posts index

Robert Trip
on Jan 2, 2016 at 1:07:21 am

I don't see anything special about these shots. I did however notice the cinematographer shot with a lot of direct light coming in to the camera which attributes to soft lens flares. The lenses that are being used are high quality so is the image probably 4 or 6 k res. Like the poster above the footage looks clean so it probably is a red or arri alexa. My thinking is they shot normal IE proper exposure then messed with the color in post. For daylight scenes I think they put blue in the blacks. The DP who shot this looks like he has years of experience to get good shots like this. As for lenses you can get cheep samyang lenses starting with the 24mm 35mm 50mm 85mm to get that sharp look with out braking your bank. If you want the clean look go with a canon 5dmk2 or 3 with a ninja atomos. You can shoot raw. make sure your camera is noise reduction is on cause the night shots will kill you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]