FORUMS: list search recent posts

Broom Cam

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Broom Cam
on Dec 7, 2015 at 6:03:04 pm

Elegantly simple and obvious, once you see it. Great for the shots it was invented to get, and you can make one from materials on hand.

https://larryjordan.com/articles/the-incredible-broom-cam/?utm_source=Larry...

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Broom Cam
on Dec 8, 2015 at 12:14:38 am

Well that just about the best thing I've seen all day.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 8, 2015 at 3:28:22 pm

It's simple genius, is what it is. When you see something and know you could have thought of that, but you didn't. The battery powered LED banks are a nice touch.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Dec 9, 2015 at 3:58:20 pm

For anyone wondering how well this might or might not actually work...

Last night I was down at my better half's sculpture studio at her university... where they have many push brooms.

I quickly strapped my phone on top of one of them with a piece of gaffer tape, and took it for a drive...

Couple of things to note...

What looks like "snow" outside is due to the fact that this was a dirty broom. This is a sculpture studio, so there was loads of white plaster dust in the broom which kicked up on rough surfaces (and the phone's LED light was on, which bounced it back). With a new clean broom that wouldn't be an issue.

Secondly, it is REALLY stable. You have to be careful with up-and-down and side-to-side motions of the handle, but that's up to the operator's skill (or lack thereof)... this was my first (and only) run.

What was surprisingly stable was the travel over different surfaces.... I went from the smooth studio floor, across a rough floor grate, onto rougher concrete outside, to pebbled concrete, to brick. It was all just about equally smooth, and smooth transitions between the surfaces... and this was just with the phone hard-strapped to the top of the broom with gaffer tape... no foam or dampening of any kind.

As Larry David would say, "Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good."

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]