FORUMS: list search recent posts

Off camera interview with 'Teleprompter'

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ari Grunzeweig
Off camera interview with 'Teleprompter'
on Nov 25, 2015 at 2:09:45 pm

Hi folks,

Not sure if I'm in the correct forum, but I'm looking for some guidance. I'm shooting some scripted client content next week. It will be talking heads looking off camera.

I normally shoot things where I'm interviewing the subject, but in this case, the content is scripted. What do you think would be my best bet for them to deliver their lines without looking robotic, or like they are reading?

I was originally going to use a teleprompter over the camera, but now that we've decided to shoot them looking off camera, that wouldn't work.

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions!

Thanks,
Ari

Thanks,
Ari

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Off camera interview with 'Teleprompter'
on Nov 25, 2015 at 4:13:59 pm

We do this all the time, and it works fine. Remember, a teleprompter doesn't have to be on the camera... it can be wherever you want the talent's eyeline to be.

We often just put the teleprompter screen on a stand away from the camera. We have two prompter systems, and the one we use most often uses tablets as both the screen and the controller, so I just bought a cheap iPad holder (either eBay or Amazon, don't remember) that you can put on a light stand.

As for "best bet for them to deliver their lines without looking robotic," that pretty much just depends on the level of the ability of both the talent and the director.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Ari Grunzeweig
Re: Off camera interview with 'Teleprompter'
on Nov 28, 2015 at 12:56:44 pm

Thanks!

Thanks,
Ari

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved