FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie to film and DSLR , critique/pointers needed

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennie Karr
Newbie to film and DSLR , critique/pointers needed
on Aug 18, 2015 at 10:07:13 am

So, I regret to say that I've owned a DSLR for a few years now. Mainly to take quick snapshots of artworks. But within the last few months I've taken an interest in DSLR and film. I am researching and learning each day but I'm still a little lost. I made a short little test video recently to practice shooting and post production. Video link is below. Critique is appreciated. I feel like editing colour/editing in general is a shot in the dark for me, honestly. I just don't have a solid idea on how to edit or color correct.

Canon T2i
50 mm 1.8 II

Questions:

1:What rules of thumb or dynamics should one follow when addressing color correction in film?

2: I have one of those really low budget cowboy shoulder rigs. It helps, but every time I breath, since the camera's weight partially rests on my diaphragm, the camera shakes or shudders. Is this an issue solved with more weight on the camera mount? The small plastic 50 mm lens I have is super light.

3: For an external microphone to attach to the DSLR, particularly in outdoor or windy shots, what should I look into?

Thank you for any and all help. I'm here to take notes and learn! :-)

-J

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Newbie to film and DSLR , critique/pointers needed
on Aug 21, 2015 at 8:51:19 pm

There are no hard fast rules with CC, if it adds to what you are trying to convey, it works.

You might start with this book, as it goes into some great info on understanding CC.

https://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=gjQXkdgQHR4C&source=products...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]