FORUMS: list search recent posts

"X" 's on blue screens how do they work?...

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrei Popa
"X" 's on blue screens how do they work?...
on May 15, 2015 at 2:52:09 pm

In some instances there are "X" 's taped to the blue screen, I'm sure it's for better tracking and better integration but.

How does this work, can someone give pshisical example/situatio that uses this and also how does it work inside the software.

Also how is this called, there probably are youtube videos about this, but not knowing how it's called, does not yield very good results.

I have looked a lot where to post this, if there is a better place (subforum) to ask this question please suggest.

Thanks,

Andrei

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: "X" 's on blue screens how do they work?...
on May 15, 2015 at 3:20:19 pm

These are, yes, as you guessed... tracking spikes.

When compositing, replacing a background, etc., they allow compositing so that the replaced elements can track the camera moves and allow the pieces to stay realistically locked with the background.

You can see a couple of them in the behind-the-scenes pic from a commercial I directed here...

http://fantasticplastic.com/portfolio/news031.html

In this instance they were needed because the camera was moving... having the spikes on the greenscreen allowed us to lock the American flag background with the camera move. In this case After Effects used the marks to "learn" what the move was, and have the matted-in background follow the action. If it had been a locked-down camera shot, no marks would have been needed.

If you Google or YouTube search "After Effects tracking" you'll probably get tons of responses and tutorials.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]