FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which camera is the best decision to go by

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alen Kajtezovic
Which camera is the best decision to go by
on Apr 23, 2015 at 4:39:05 am

Okay so I have a budget of 5k and I wanna buy a new camera I've looked at the Blackmagic Ursa and it's pretty cool and priced at 4.5k close to 5k I know it has 4k capabilities and its a big camera but what is the best camera of choice im also liking the c100 as well even though it doesn't have 4k. I'm also including low light capabilities,noise,moire,aliasing,etc idk if the ursa is up to those standards like other cameras what do you think?

Return to posts index

Gabriel Zybutz
Re: Which camera is the best decision to go by
on May 13, 2015 at 11:32:05 am
Last Edited By Gabriel Zybutz on May 13, 2015 at 5:01:35 pm

If you're planning on doing a lot of low light then I'd defiantly suggest the C100 or better yet, C300 although it might be a little of your budget (but not by very much at all). The Canon's perform very well int terms of noise and you can get extremely useable shots at iso 3200. There might be a little moire and aliasing with the canons but it shouldn't be a problem. If you've seen the movie How I Live Now (2013), then you know what the C300 can do (it's a very capable camera). The BlackMagic will give you exceptional image quality with almost no moire or aliasing (unless you look very hard for it in exceptional situations) but it is DEFIANTLY not a camera for low light (almost unusable if your shooting intensively in low light situations)

Here is a video someone made comparing the C300 to the Ursa in low light, and at iso 800 the ursa was noisy where as the c300 was clean at 4000.

Personally, I'd go with the C300 (if you can stretch to the price), because the low light capabilities are mind blowing and I LOVE the images you can get out of the camera. I suggest you watch the film How I Live Now (on netflix) because it is the biggest testament to what the c300 can do.

Hope this helped.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]