FORUMS: list search recent posts

4k picking one of 2 cameras on a budget

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Manning
4k picking one of 2 cameras on a budget
on Apr 22, 2015 at 3:52:03 pm

hello my name is Jason and i have been shooting for well over 10 years professionally. When i started out i shot on prosumer cams like the Canon XL1 etc. but as of the past 6 years i have been shooting on dslr's like the canon 60d and 5d mark3 but i have been thinking about upgrading to get back a real time auto focus but also being able to shoot in 4k. My delema is I am torn between 2 rigs at the moment. #1 being the Panasonic HC-X1000 $3200 which highlights it can shoot 4k 60fps or #2 being a Canon XC-10 $2500 which highlights 4k 30fps and bursts of 720 120fps. The panasonic has been out for about a year and the canon is being released in about a month. The reason I am looking at these bodies is due to the 4k possibilities and AF system. I am very comfortable using small body or big body rigs so the size doesnt make a difference to me I just can't decide what i should go with......ANY AND ALL HELP/SUGGESTIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED THANKS AGAIN AND HAPPY SHOOTING!

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
Re: 4k picking one of 2 cameras on a budget
on Apr 30, 2015 at 10:14:42 pm

Hey Jason, what time frame are you looking at to pick up a camera? The X1000 is available now, but the XC10 won't be available for 1-2 months.

Return to posts index

Jason Manning
on Apr 30, 2015 at 11:09:02 pm

thx I ended up trying out the hc x1000 i will post a mini review of it as well as a link to some test footy

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Apr 30, 2015 at 11:10:54 pm
Last Edited By Gary Huff on Apr 30, 2015 at 11:11:22 pm

Here's a some test footage I shot.

Return to posts index

Roger Martin
on Jun 3, 2015 at 6:54:20 am

I had an X1000 and really loved it.
Only reason I sent it back and got an A7s was that nearly all my shooting is in low light that exceeded it's capability.

I've been looking at the JVC LS300 and wonder if it can handle poorly lit situations? I got "Hands On" at NAB but could not decide based their lighting and the little LED for playback. I should have taken some of SD cards with me that I left in my hotel room.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]