FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slo-Mo Around Normal Speed Action

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Holland
Slo-Mo Around Normal Speed Action
on Dec 30, 2014 at 3:46:53 pm

I am posting to ask if there is a technique to shoot a scene with non-speaking actors standing around a speaking actor where the speaker stays at normal speed and the others go into slo-mo then the others come out of slo-mo and one of them interacts with the speaker.

I have figured out how to do it with cuts. By going in tight enough to not notice jump cuts I can account for the time difference caused by the slo-mo around the speaking actor.

I was curious if there was a way to do it without the cuts. I did it by rotoscoping the main guy and separating him from the other actors but the issue is that once they go slo-mo there is no way that I can figure out to catch them back up to the main actor.

Anyone have any techniques to do this or is it pretty much impossible without the cuts ?

Thanks.

Chris Holland
Editor/Animator

Return to posts index

Chris Holland
Re: Slo-Mo Around Normal Speed Action
on Jan 2, 2015 at 3:40:14 pm

Is there maybe a better forum to ask this question in ?

Thanks.

Chris Holland
Editor/Animator

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Slo-Mo Around Normal Speed Action
on Jan 2, 2015 at 4:59:32 pm

This is a variation on the old slow mo singing gag, where you shoot in normal speed while singing along to a sped-up track, then you slow the playback down in post. Maybe what your background actors need is a synch track, played on the set location, of the central actor's dialogue lines? failing that, any kind of time-keeping audio track might work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]