FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XF100 Strange Blur On Manual Settings

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jackie Luffy
Canon XF100 Strange Blur On Manual Settings
on Dec 11, 2014 at 4:18:15 am

Hey guys, I have been learning to use manual features on my Canon XF100 after not being pleased with automatic settings because they are so high in gain and noise.

So I have pretty much how I want it to look except for one extremely annoying problem, everyone something moves or I move the camera there seems to be a clear obvious trail that follows it, almost like ghosting or something, if someone is walking you can almost see a blur trail behind there movements, I thought this was shutter speed and I changed and looked at all the different settings and they all show no differences, I also looked through all the camera settings and changed a bunch of stuff to see if it would get rid of it but nothing worked, the one and only thing that solves this problem is when I switch the camera to full auto mode magically the weird motion ghosting trail is completely gone.

I would love to just use auto mode at this time but it absolutely cannot be used as an option because the noise and gain is horrendous.

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
Re: Canon XF100 Strange Blur On Manual Settings
on Dec 12, 2014 at 9:59:38 pm

Please download this zip its just like 12 screen caps so you can see what I mean by this blur problem

https://mega.co.nz/#!NIhVlAwb!0vxeApbSroB_eoy781XqeYyGrgfSqu4b4zEDTVnNUJg
Include file key

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Canon XF100 Strange Blur On Manual Settings
on Dec 12, 2014 at 10:26:04 pm

Are you sure you are not shooting at a too-slow shutter speed?... because that's what it sounds like.

Just a tip... you might get better responses here if you embed pictures or video directly in the post. Just for security reasons (and because it is a bother) you are limiting your advice from those who are willing to download and upzip a file from an unknown poster. Honestly, most people won't bother, or be very leery about it (me included).

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]