FORUMS: list search recent posts

Overhead Camera Shots

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Wheatley
Overhead Camera Shots
on Sep 1, 2014 at 11:21:51 am

I'm looking in to building a rig that would allow me to attach a camera to a horizontal beam so the camera hovers above something looking directly down on to it - a bed, a table, etc.

I've thought about a crane / jib but I was looking for something that would be set up and left there. The set up might also be able to double as a way to hang lights off it.

I've never put something together before like this, I've always bought kits that you piece together rather than (what I imagine is the most likely option with this idea of mine) buying the individual pieces and putting them together.

Weight wise at the moment I'm looking at C300/C500/FS100/FS700 type cameras.

Have any of you put things together like this? What did you use?

Thanks a lot :)

(Apologies if this is in the wrong place)

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Overhead Camera Shots
on Sep 1, 2014 at 10:46:22 pm

Auto-Poles. Manfrotto I think owns the name now. They are like high tech versions of the expanding shower curtain rod. great for putting in some lights without stands. Could also hold a LIGHTWEIGHT camera, like a DSLR or go pro.

Return to posts index

Sam Wheatley
on Sep 5, 2014 at 11:53:01 am

Thanks for the reply. I was looking at those and (assuming I'm looking at the right thing) they seem suitable to be put in doorways.

A bit of a look around shows they can be modified, though perhaps a couple of C-stands (with the right brackets on the top) and a crossbar. Not sure what that bracket would be mind.

For those looking in to this thread in the future, I initially found this that might be useful for people looking for similar: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/980520-REG/impact_basic_varipole_supp...

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Sep 5, 2014 at 12:27:41 pm

Not just doorways; with extensions, they can cover small rooms wall to wall.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]