FORUMS: list search recent posts

slightly off topic but a website for a lighting camera op

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Mulleder
slightly off topic but a website for a lighting camera op
on Jul 23, 2014 at 3:46:52 pm

Hello all, I am looking at finally making a simple web site for my business, DOP/camera op. I was curious as to what site/design tools are being used, GoDaddy,Webly,Yola. I want to make an html5 compatible site that can include, of course, some video.

Cheers,
Jim

Jim Mulleder
Level Horizon Productions
Cameraman/Editor

Return to posts index

Rick Wise
Re: slightly off topic but a website for a lighting camera op
on Jul 23, 2014 at 4:52:39 pm

For a great many years I used Microsoft FrontPage. But that software has long been discontinued. When it was time to completely redesign my web site, I tried a bunch of solutions and settled on Serif WebPlus X6. (There is now a version 7.) HTML 5 proved a bit of a challenge but solved with Easy HTML5 Video. Note that there is an official users' web site for Serif WebPlus, and another, more friendly one you can find with GoogleSearch. Of course, the fully professional software is Adobe Dreamweaver, with a very steep learning curve. If you can code comfortably, Dreamweaver would probably be the best choice. For those of us who turn into frozen salt statues at even the thought of coding, WebPlus or one of many others like it will work better for you.

Rick Wise
Cinematographer
MFA/BFA Lighting and Camera Instructor Academy of Art University
San Francisco Bay Area
http://www.RickWiseDP.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]