FORUMS: list search recent posts

2.5K Options Besides BlackMagic Cinema Camera?

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Stamm
2.5K Options Besides BlackMagic Cinema Camera?
on Mar 9, 2014 at 8:47:41 am

I'm wondering if there any other cameras out there that record in the 2.5K range besides the BMCC (and GoPro). I really dislike the BMCC form factor and some of the limitations it has. 4K options are becoming more and more common but I'm not ready to make that jump yet. I just love having the extra pixels that 2.5K provides to play with in post for 1080p output, is there anything else like that out there or maybe something coming soon (Canon DSLR updates)?

My ideal camera probably doesn't exist in my price range, but let me know what you think some good alternatives would be. I'd love something like the BMCC in more of a Sony F5/F55 form factor (yet closer to the BMCC price). It would be used primarily for docs, want a large sensor, 2.5K, shoulder mount... I think my best option might just be to get the BMCC and accessorize the shit out of it. I would just prefer a cleaner rig. Any thoughts? Would really appreciate some input, thanks!

Matt

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: 2.5K Options Besides BlackMagic Cinema Camera?
on Mar 10, 2014 at 4:20:18 pm

Perhaps the Digital Bolex. It's shipping this week.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]