FORUMS: list search recent posts

Google Reunion TV Ad (Viral) -- How did they Shoot it?

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Sorbin
Google Reunion TV Ad (Viral) -- How did they Shoot it?
on Feb 26, 2014 at 5:12:16 am

Hello All,

I am really moved by this Google Ad called "Reunion" - about India and Pakistan. It is one of the best Ads I've ever seen (the agency is called Ogilvy & Mather (http://www.ogilvy.com).

I'd really like to get your input as to what you think their Cinematography equipment was.

I.e. What Camera/Lens setup do you think they used? (of course, the CC, grading, conforming was all done in post)

More importantly: How did they record Audio? (what type of mic?) Was it done in post (in-studio) then dubbed? Or was it a boom-mic? It is just so crisp and deep...

I'd love to get your input on it...

Make sure you have Captions on!

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Google Reunion TV Ad (Viral) -- How did they Shoot it?
on Feb 26, 2014 at 5:42:31 am

Impossible to say for sure what camera, although I'd wager the Arri ALEXA as a safe bet.

Sound was, I believe, boomed. I have a friend from another forum who is a long-time veteran BBC audio person with the amazing ability to recognize almost any microphone by the sound (she once saw a commercial spot I did and asked "When did you switch from the Sennheiser MKH8060 to the MKH416?" when I had made no mention of what audio equipment we were using). I bet she can identify it, I'll pass it along.

I thought the spot was solid, but frankly not as good as many other Google spots (many of which just blow me away). Interesting that they were doing all of their Googling in English (or at least in that version of the ad).

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Adam Sorbin
on Feb 26, 2014 at 6:23:27 pm

Hello Todd,

Thank you for your input. Yes, I had a feeling it would be an ARRI.. the visuals are just superb.

That's amazing - that your friend has the uncanny ability to single out the model (let alone the make) of a microphone, simply by listening to it!

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Feb 26, 2014 at 8:21:26 pm

It's possible lav mics were also used. There are a couple times where one of the characters is facing out and then turns back. You can hear the audio character change - coming more "on mic." You would typically not hear that with a boom.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]