on Oct 25, 2013 at 3:55:49 pm

Complete awesomeness.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Honda spot must have been fun to shoot
on Oct 25, 2013 at 4:41:57 pm

They could have done all that in aftereffects but they chose to shoot it "practical". I'm trying to imagine the logistics of the shot stabilization, the timing and lighting and weather. It makes my head hurt.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Oct 26, 2013 at 2:42:03 pm

Amazing design & planning.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Oct 26, 2013 at 7:18:40 pm

Yeah it makes my head hurt.

We did one of those "sidewalk perspective" things a few years ago... or at least tried to... and it was wildly difficult and was still only 1/1000th as complex as that Honda business.

We were doing a corporate video for a shall-remain-nameless Fortune 500 company headquartered in our town. The video had a drawing/crayon/chalk theme running through it (we still have a bunch of giant five-foot crayons in props). The idea was to do a big 20-foot chalk drawing of their logo on the sidewalk in front of their building, created with a perspective which looked "right" when shot from the ground... then their CEO and about 30 employees walk out and across the logo as we crane up to a high perspective.

We spent days planning this, designing the perspective on the logo, and transferring it to the ground... then all day doing the actual chalk drawing getting it perfect and rehearsing this big crane move. Then...with all our parties in place for our get-it-right-quickly magic-hour shoot, one marketing yahoo decides to yammer on that one of the colors wasn't exactly right, although it was very close. We tried to explain that sidewalk chalk doesn't exactly come in precise PMS colors and that we could tweak it in post, but it fell on deaf ears. As the minor argument ensued, the bored CEO just said "Ehh just do it without the logo." Grrrrr. No vision.

I can hardly imagine the scope of the Honda planning.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]