FORUMS: list search recent posts

Micro-SD card - serious supply backup

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd VanSlyck
Micro-SD card - serious supply backup
on Oct 1, 2013 at 1:38:15 pm

I figured this was the best place to post this.
I ordered a Lexar micro-sd card almost 2 months ago from B&H (a high-performance 600x class 10 card) for use in my GoPro 3. It's on back order from the supplier, and so is EVERY high performance micro-sd card that gopro recommends.
What gives? I've been getting by with a lower performance card for now, but i can't shoot protune mode (higher bitrate).
Has anybody heard anything about this supply glut? I've searched and can't find anything, and B&H has told me they are at the mercy of the suppliers who basically don't tell them anything.
I was going to order a "high performance" card from another brand, but when I researched I found out GoPro chokes the bitrate on this brand due to persistent problems.
TVS

Dell T76000 Dual 8-core 2.4 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 2000
NVIDIA Tesla c2075
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
After Effects CS6
Cinema 4d r12

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Micro-SD card - serious supply backup
on Oct 1, 2013 at 2:41:54 pm

[Todd VanSlyck] "What gives? "

Just speculation... but I'm betting all of the various branded cards that you have been seeking are all made by the same company at the same place (no matter what the brand), and they are experiencing a production shortage for some reason.

Much like two years ago... when Thailand experienced devastating flooding, and people were a little bit surprised to learn that virtually every computer hard drive in the world came out of one of two factories right smack in the flood plane. The price of drives skyrocketed, before they became completely impossible to get at all.

Unfortunately no suggestions, except to keep looking for vendors who do have them in stock until the production supply catches back up. There seems to be quite a few of them on eBay, so I would assume those people have them in hand ready to sell.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Todd VanSlyck
on Oct 2, 2013 at 5:55:11 pm

That's what I was thinking Todd, only I hadn't heard of any catastrophe. Probably an element that all of them use or something is backed up.
Anyhow, I found it on Amazon in-stock so whoo-hoo!
Thanks

Dell T76000 Dual 8-core 2.4 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 2000
NVIDIA Tesla c2075
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
After Effects CS6
Cinema 4d r12

Return to posts index

Ken Maxwell
on Oct 2, 2013 at 9:52:07 pm

I believe that GoPro is now recommending SanDisk.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]