FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cheap options for multi camera kit to match Sony FS100

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Gibson
Cheap options for multi camera kit to match Sony FS100
on Sep 4, 2013 at 3:30:05 pm

I am looking to buy two cameras to round out a 3 camera setup for a web-based chat show. Here's the kicker: I'm hoping for a sub $1000 budget (for both cameras) and the camera I have to match is a Sony FS100.

Before anyone gets worked up about the improbability of achieving such a thing, I know the result is going to be extremely compromised at best but I'm keen to hear if anyone has managed to achieve anything resembling this that they're reasonably happy with. Anybody managed to get a good match in post between the FS100 and a cheaper HD camera?

Ideally I'd like to shoot 1080p but happy to consider 720p if that would produce a better match.

Thanks

iMac 27 3.4 - 24Gb - Creative Suite CC
Sony FS100
Canon 6D with 24-105 f4.0 and 70-200 f2.8
Go Pro Hero 2

Return to posts index

Neil Cowley
Re: Cheap options for multi camera kit to match Sony FS100
on Sep 5, 2013 at 5:27:22 am

What lens are you running on the FS100 - we've run canon glass on it and so get decent matches out of our Canon DSLR's. The FS100 outshoots them in moving and panning shots where the un-stabilized sensors show the jitters or the rolling shutter smears the motion. Tonality wise - it's as easy as matching any other non-identical camera systems. Go for a couple T3i or T4i rebels and you'll be set with a great HD all around look.

Return to posts index

Jesse Gibson
Re: Cheap options for multi camera kit to match Sony FS100
on Sep 10, 2013 at 12:08:27 pm

Currently just running the Sony lenses which I would like to improve on so adding a Canon lens and a couple of Rebels to match is a great idea. Looks like I've got a little bit more budget to play with too so can definitely afford to look at these.

Thanks for the reply Neil.

iMac 27 3.4 - 24Gb - Creative Suite CC
Sony FS100
Canon 6D with 24-105 f4.0 and 70-200 f2.8
Go Pro Hero 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]