FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alternative lenses for GoPros?

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Fortier
Alternative lenses for GoPros?
on Jul 25, 2013 at 8:07:50 pm

I've been using my GoPro for shots I don't dare put my expensive cameras in and I was wondering if their was other lenses that could be used for it? If some other lenses could be thrown on it could be used in lower lit areas and not just outdoors which would make it much more versatile.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Alternative lenses for GoPros?
on Jul 25, 2013 at 9:31:49 pm

I haven't looked in a while (I don't have a GoPro, so there's been no need to), but there used to be a lot of different GoPro lens kits on eBay, different focal lengths, etc.

Note though that all of the ones I saw were not exactly swappable lenses, but definitely "hacks"... permanent (or at least semi-permanent) lens replacements, for those brave enough to crack the camera open and change out the glass.

I guess the theory is that the GoPros are so throw-away cheap now that you could just keep multiple ones with the various different lenses.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Matt Fortier
on Jul 26, 2013 at 2:40:38 pm

Yeah I did some more research on those ebay kits and most if not all are from ragecams. They have their own website and it's awesome. I talked to dennis their and he helped me figure out what I need and it's in the mail. Ill let you know how it goes.

Return to posts index

Matt Fortier
on Aug 2, 2013 at 4:08:47 pm

I ordered a new lens and the install went well. The picture quality is quite impressive for such a small piece of equipment and as long as your about 2-2.5 feet away from it everything is in focus. I really like this lens and can't understand why gopro doesn't sell them like this. Here's a link to the lens I'm using http://ragecams.com/shop/50mm-lens-hero2-hero1-hero3-black-degree-p-334.htm...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]