FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cheap cameras for a low end job/shoot?

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson May
Cheap cameras for a low end job/shoot?
on Jul 7, 2013 at 4:19:39 pm

I am trying to solve or research an issue. Maybe you guys can help. I know most of you don't mess with consumer cameras, but maybe you can steer me in the right direction.

I have an HVX200 and Sennheiser Evolution Lav Packs for starters. I do a webcast/pod show that is very low end on the production scale. I really want to have a three camera shoot for a two shot and some closeups on host/guests. I can’t afford 2-6K per camera to get more Panasonics.

I have seen footage from some friends home camcorders and it doesn’t look that bad: especially if I am going to compress it for youtube etc,.

I am seeking 3 cheap consumer cameras that are about 200 bucks each. That way I don’t have to do any individual color or gamma correction. I have a Go Pro Hero 3 with the mic input, but even with the latest software upgrade there is still some barrel distortion. It takes too long to correct it in AE CS6 for what I am doing.

Consumer cameras also have impedance problems with mic inputs, especially without the mic made for the camera.

I am not sure where to start. I would love to go to Best Buy, plug in my lav packs and take the clips back to my edit bay, but I don’t think they would let me do that.

IF there is a list of decent consumer cameras that now take any mic or input, please let me know. I may be going about this the wrong way.

PS. I would like all cameras to be able to be started with a remote so I don’t have to worry about timecode, syncsound and just be able to drop the clips into multi cam and edit from there.

Cheers.

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]