FORUMS: list search recent posts

False Live Production Workflow

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrián Sánchez de la Sierra
False Live Production Workflow
on May 6, 2013 at 5:34:11 pm

Good morning everyone,

First of all I would like to apologise if I am not creating a new post in the wright forum (I am not shure that I am doing it well).

I am trying to find a way an its appropriated workflow to edit a footage while it's being shoot. I would like to know if there is any solution to make this come true. To be more specific I want to do it at 1080p 25fps. There is no need to stream it on the web but just to have it done when the shooting finishes.

Thank you for your help.

Adrián

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: False Live Production Workflow
on May 6, 2013 at 8:28:53 pm

Yes, you rent a video switcher (in the UK they call this a "vision mixer", and multiple cameras, and you cut between the cameras in real time, while recording. This is how the nightly news and most sports adn TV talk shows are done.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: False Live Production Workflow
on May 6, 2013 at 9:31:56 pm

When cameramen shoot news footage, they often do what is called "edit in-camera". This means that they only shoot the exact shots they want, in more or less the exact order. This takes some skill and concentration, as you have to keep the previous shot in mind before you set and roll on the next one. So if you are shooting a person talking, you might stop rolling at the end of one sentences, walk over to the over the shoulder shot, frame that up, wait for the right moment in the conversation when the other person is about to speak, start rolling, then stop, walk back to get a 2-shot from the side, etc.

I don't know if this is what you were referring to in your original question.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]