FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bullet/lipstick camera advice

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Woodman
Bullet/lipstick camera advice
on Mar 26, 2013 at 10:46:54 am

Hello, everyone. I've never worked with bullet/lipstick cameras before, and would appreciate some advice from anyone who's willing to share.

I need to record a sequence from the point of view of someone walking into a building and interacting with staff at a reception desk. Rather than do it myself with a handheld camera, I'm thinking about using a hidden mini camera so that I can capture a more natural conversation. These are not actors.

Why hidden? There will be another full-size camera filming the action for cutaways and sound, so ideally I don't want the visitor to be wearing a conspicuous head mount. Also, the people involved may be reluctant to strap a camera to their head!

The end product will end up on the web, so I don't need broadcast quality. In an ideal world I want to be able to output at 720p.

Can anyone suggest a) appropriate technology and b) a sensible way of mounting it on a moving person, please?

If any of the cheap cameras (GoPro, LookCie etc.) are suitable then I'd be happy to buy one, or I can hire in something like the Sony HXR-MC1 -- as long as I can figure out what to fix it to!

If you think it's a mistake to try to hide the camera then I can always shoot the cutaways separately, but I'd still value your advice about the choice of PoV camera and the ideal mounting.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Best wishes,

James

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]