FORUMS: list search recent posts

UK production needs some US B-roll night time POV shots

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dylan Hargreaves
UK production needs some US B-roll night time POV shots
on Nov 21, 2012 at 9:38:11 pm

Hey folks,

I have need of some B-roll for a thing I'm working on, and thought I'd throw it out to you American chaps in the hope you may have something, as the stock footage sites don't really have what I'm looking for.

I need some driver and passenger POV shots looking out of a car as it's being driven at night to cut in to a sequence I'm working on. I need fairly generic city shots - no landmarks or anything too identifiable. Maybe some houses, hotels and department stores. I don't need too much - perhaps a minute or so in total.

Let me know if you have something and we'll talk rates. Cheers!

D

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: UK production needs some US B-roll night time POV shots
on Nov 21, 2012 at 9:52:39 pm

Hi Dylan:

We don't have anything off the shelf like that... but our company could certainly shoot something custom for you if you like.

We're in a medium-size city, about a half-million in the metro population. Birmingham Alabama and Nashville Tennessee are the two neighboring bigger cities, if you wanted a bigger feel. Atlanta is our next closest option if you wanted a legitimate "big city" look.

We could shoot Canon C300PL in the framerate of your choice, Leitz-Panavision superspeed primes that look really great at night (18mm, 35mm, 50mm, and 80mm, all f/1.3). Hostess trays, car mounts, etc. 35mm film is also an option.

Shout at me off forum at todd(at)fantasticplastic.com if we can be of any help.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Dylan Hargreaves
on Nov 21, 2012 at 10:10:11 pm

Hey Todd,

Thanks for the speedy response! Custom would be ideal, but as ever it comes down to budget. The situation is that we were over in the States working on this project and the schedule with the actors was in hindsight, a little too tight. We ended up doing about 3 20 hour days in a row and something had to give. In the end, it was the b-roll driver's eye stuff. I figured if the worst came to the worst, I could find something on iStock or failing that, go and shoot what we need here in the UK and pass it off as the US, (hey, it's night, it could work!)

Then it occurred to me that the good people of the CoW might just have something suitable sitting on a shelf, hence the shout out, as with the best will in the world, we probably just don't have the funds for anything more than 'stock' rates.

Although a C300PL with superspeeds sounds damn fine...

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Nov 21, 2012 at 10:19:16 pm

[Dylan Hargreaves] " shoot what we need here in the UK and pass it off as the US, (hey, it's night, it could work!)"

Yep, and just horizontal flip it (steer clear of signage, though!).

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]