FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transparent Objects - Green Screen

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Roberts
Transparent Objects - Green Screen
on May 24, 2012 at 5:38:12 am

Hello to all-

Given the inherent difficulty of searching for the terms "green screen" and "transparent", I am hoping someone will have some sound advice for a shoot I'll be doing this Friday.

I need to shoot a protective helmet face shield (clear plastic) in front of a green screen. I have no choice but to use the green screen, as the other 95% of the subject is not transparent, and the client needs the ability to be flexible with the background replacement.

This doesn't seem theoretically possible, as the green light will most likely pass through the plastic. So I appeal to anyone with experience or knowledge about this situation that can guide me a bit.

Thank you very much.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Transparent Objects - Green Screen
on May 24, 2012 at 5:16:08 pm

Try lining the back of the transparent object with some white paper.
Then adjust opacity and blending mode after the key is established. Just a guess.

Or use Ultimate.

Return to posts index

Fred Roberts
on May 26, 2012 at 5:14:11 pm

Thanks I think that will probably be helpful.

Return to posts index

Emre Tufekcioglu
on May 24, 2012 at 5:31:46 pm

Using After Effects (keylight) you can key through transparent objects and keep their detail on them. Based on the backdrop you are using in AE you can recomposite the textures or reflections back into the glass.

Here is a tutorial on how to keep textures of transparent subject in the keying detail:

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/advanced_soft_keying/

Hope this helps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]