FORUMS: list search recent posts

Baking Shot

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JJ Foote
Baking Shot
on Nov 4, 2011 at 12:22:14 am

Dear Friends,

I have to create a timelaps of bread rising in an oven. Naturally it needs to be warm and pretty. How do I light that and shoot that? Is there a special oven?

Please let me know.

Thanks
JJ

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
Re: Baking Shot
on Nov 4, 2011 at 1:00:22 am

I'm sure others will chime in but here is my initial thought:

1. Remove oven door
2. Once bread is in place, cover oven opening with a sheet of thermal glass.
3. Light with three soft sources: one left, right, and top. Soft sources out of the angle of reflection of the glass.
4. Shoot your time lapse.

Should work easily enough.

Angelo Lorenzo
http://filmsfor.us - Helping you sell your film online

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Baking Shot
on Nov 4, 2011 at 2:47:56 am

What Angelo said...

Plus, mount an angled mirror in the oven, high and to the rear, out of view in the frame. With that, you can use a small instrument (maybe a little 100w or 200w fresnel) and shoot it into the mirror to give the bread some nice backlighting.

One clarification, though... you are BAKING this bread, right, with a hot oven? Your post says "bread rising in an oven"... and bread rising and bread baking are two very different things. If you're just wanting to see dough rising, that's a lot easier, since you don't have to have a screaming hot oven, just a sort of warm environment. You wouldn't have to use a real oven for that... you could easily build a little oven set that would suffice and allow you more creative lighting. If you're doing real baking, then yes you need an oven.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]