FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question about making a video

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nader Shidfar
Question about making a video
on Sep 19, 2011 at 5:00:09 am

Hello friends,

I have been pondering for a long time how internet reviewers get their movie/tv show footage when they are reviewing something. Especially something older.

I want to try my hand at doing this, but I don't know how to get the footage I want (or rather the process to attain it).

I am assuming that whatever I want to review/voice over I would have to have the original dvd to rip onto my computer, but then how do I select specific clips? Do I use something like Mac the Ripper?

Thanks for your time and help,

Nader

Constant learner

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: Question about making a video
on Sep 21, 2011 at 8:31:58 am

Copyright issue; ripping a DVD and putting it on the internet without the copyright holders permission (in writing, please) is against the law, however using clips for the purpose of criticism is allowed under Fair Use (that's how people can use material without getting permission).

[I am not a lawyer and I'm unqualified to offer legal advice, please look up fair use yourself.]

In doing review shows for tv, we usually get a clip reel from the distributor (that's for anything current) but I am aware of clips being ripped from a DVD.

Return to posts index

Nader Shidfar
Re: Question about making a video
on Sep 21, 2011 at 3:30:56 pm

Thanks for shedding some light to my situations!

Constant learner

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]