FORUMS: list search recent posts

Chroma Key Suit for Children

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Morris
Chroma Key Suit for Children
on Sep 8, 2011 at 2:44:10 pm

Does anyone know where I can get a chroma key (green screen) suit for a child, age 9-11?

Brandon Morris
http://www.brandonmorris.com

Canon T2i
13" Macbook Pro (Mid 09) 8GB RAM 10.6

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Chroma Key Suit for Children
on Sep 8, 2011 at 3:02:57 pm

No, but kids are small, and it may be about as easy and perhaps cheaper to just buy a bolt of greenscreen stretch material from rosebrand and wrap the kid, mummy-bandage style, rather than try to order or make a complicated stretch jumpsuit. Then you still have the uncut cloth to re-use for other purposes later.

For that matter, you can buy chromakey gaffer tape, from places like tubetape or markertek, and just mummify the kid over a throw-away pair of onsei pajamas or something. Custom-fit, DIY:-) This is what I think I would do instead of sourcing an actual custome-sized bodysuit, especially for a one-time job.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Sep 8, 2011 at 3:05:53 pm

TubeTape sells greensuits, one of which comes in a "small" size, but I doubt that is small enough for a child of that age.

I have seen lots of places that sell greensuits, but I've never seen one specifically made for a child... which leads me to believe there aren't any commercially available.

I think it would be pretty easy to improvise though... dance shops sell tights and leotards in zillions of bright colors (and in kids' sizes) so I think I'd hit one of those places to see if they have one in full-body style that is close to chroma green. I'm betting they would have something close enough to the right color. For the face/head, a kid that age would probably still be able to wear a small adult-sized chromakey hood. Feet and hands would be the last issue... you might be able to find close-enough green socks, but you'd probably have to dye cotton gloves green.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Sep 8, 2011 at 3:14:07 pm

I got curious myself, so I did some quick Googling...

Green might be hard, but if you can get away with blue for your chroma work, those are pretty readily available in kid's sizes...

Here's just one outlet, but I found several...

http://www.discountdance.com/dancewear/style_18999.html?pid=6328&Shop=Style...

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]