FORUMS: list search recent posts

CamTram dolly

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Taylor
CamTram dolly
on Jul 26, 2011 at 1:02:17 pm

So check this out. Everyone seems to be totally in love with their CamTram... so am I. But i f you want to fall in love with it all over again you must give it a ride on the new 'Track In The Box". You'll never go back to a clumsy, cheesy ladder again. http://www.tarckinthebox.net. Prices may soon go up. Two distributors have expressed an interest in this revolutionary cool tool.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: CamTram dolly
on Jul 26, 2011 at 3:45:35 pm

Well firstly... the link is wrong (misspelled)... it's trackinthebox.net, not tarckinthebox.net in case any of you are wondering why the page won't load.

Personally, not a fan of the CamTram... it's just a bit too expensive and much too clunky for my personal taste. I try to steer clear of pieces of equipment that have sooo many parts you have to assemble or disassemble to set up or to strike and pack (one of the reasons that when anyone asks about jibs I so highly recommend the Porta-Jib Traveler).

That being said though, the track is interesting. It has me wondering if one could put a wider standard-width spreader on it an use it as "real" dolly track. Curved track built along the same design would also be interesting. Hmmm...

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Bruce Taylor
on Jul 26, 2011 at 4:00:38 pm

Actually the Track In The Box is standard dolly width (24" on center) which happens to be the width of the CamTram when extended to its max. If you tried the CamTram on this track I'm sure you would change your mind. http://www.TrackInTheBox.net

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Jul 26, 2011 at 4:58:26 pm

That's smart, the 24" width on the track is a great idea, and certainly increases its usability for sure.

I have no issues with the funtionality, smoothness, or stability of the CamTram. It's much more a setup/teardown issue. It just has sooo many little disassembled parts that have to be put together, tweaked, and adjusted. I recently did a two-and-a-half day 35mm shoot that had 47 different camera setups in eleven different locations (my crew and myself were all pretty darn tired) and we usually just don't have that luxury of time.

I've used a CamTram, but I don't own one. If someone were to give me one, I'm sure I'd use it on occasion... but I'm betting I'd chunk the case and always keep it fully assembled.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]