FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shooting a festival

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean Rank
Shooting a festival
on Mar 31, 2011 at 4:13:20 pm

Hey All,
I'm in charge of gathering gear to shoot a music festival with multiple stages. I have done this for a few years now but I really need to upgrade the technology. Previously we have been shooting on the XLH1 SD recording to miniDV and outputting to the Jumbotron screen via BNC.
Is there a camera option for recording HD to a card or drive and also outputing to the big screen?
Mostly, I want to avoid shooting to tape and minimize the cabling

Here are important details:
2 stages
4 cameras per stage; 3 handheld in the "pit", one on sticks, center stage in the crowd.
All cameras feed into a truck with a switcher and the master feed is also recorded. The same truck is the jumbo screen.
farthest distance to the big screen is approx. 50 feet (can I send an HD signal that distance?)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Shooting a festival
on Mar 31, 2011 at 4:20:56 pm

I'm not totally sure what you are asking... but if I read you right, you want to be able to record HD with the cameras, but output SD to the truck/jumbotron? If that's the case, yes you can do that with the XLH1. You could record at the camera an HD signal via the HD-SDI output via something like a NanoFlash or other on-board HD-SDI recorder, and still feed an SD signal to the truck via either component, composite, or S-video. The XLH1 will do that easily.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]