FORUMS: list search recent posts

shooting under LED lights

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tzur livne
shooting under LED lights
on Mar 7, 2011 at 12:06:10 pm

how can i minimize the effects of LED lights in a video (i.e. - dance floor LED lights that make the people dancing look "washed" with color and "clip" some colors when the LED lighting is on).
i use JVC 5101 camcorder with a small on-cam light, 3200K filter (built-in filter, no option for not using one, the other option is 5600K).
thanks.

Tzur Livne

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
Re: shooting under LED lights
on Mar 7, 2011 at 7:58:24 pm

Well...you can rotoscope/power-window each frame and balance it back to white.

Return to posts index

tzur livne
on Mar 8, 2011 at 8:57:02 am

thanks, but rotoscopeing is not an option.
i'm trying to prevent the abnormal effects, not correcting them after they happen.

Tzur Livne

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
on Mar 8, 2011 at 4:31:59 pm

Just thought of something: When I hear LED lights, my mind thinks nightclub/concert type thing, and that means you can't really control the environment.

However, if you can control the environment then a light that is significantly brighter than the LED light could render it moot. For example, I used to shoot ads for a nightclub. We'd set up a scene in a booth, and I'd have to light it really bright. It's important to note that the LEDs in the club were relatively low light. And the bright lights in the booth I set-up-in were very annoying to the paying customers, so we did this before the club was busy and really fast, like 30 minutes maximum.

Hope this helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]