FORUMS: list search recent posts

What camera is used here? see link after jump

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristian Engelsen
What camera is used here? see link after jump
on Feb 4, 2011 at 11:49:03 pm

Hey! I wondered what camera was used in this shot:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_aXzNuUEfbes/TOHlpIIVQyI/AAAAAAAAJLw/GA_F1bSwjBs/s...

this is from the documentary Gasland. This is a very good style I personally think. And it would be awesome if someone knew what camera was used for this particular shot. I love that grainy feel, looks like real film, but I think it is some sort of dv.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: What camera is used here? see link after jump
on Feb 5, 2011 at 12:06:56 am

My guess would be a small-chip camera, considering the almost infinite depth of field in that one sample shot. Looking at clips of the film online the image quality is fairly poor so it might be something as low-end as a single-chip consumer camera. Although I can't tell how much degradation is attributable to the low-res internet files.

The producers have a website... I'm sure there's contact info there and they wouldn't mind you asking what camera(s) were/was used.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Kristian Engelsen
on Feb 5, 2011 at 12:18:10 am

They use different cameras during the production, and some of the cameras quality is fairly low, but the camera used in the image from the link I posted show something else. They must have used another type of camera, and the look is what I'm after!

Thanks for informing me about the website!
I know this site should focus on the tech, but GasLand is worth checking out!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Feb 7, 2011 at 3:58:47 pm

There's at least one cutaway scene in the show where you can see two different cameras being used, one I think is a Cannon DV camcorder. Gasland is a very important and pwoerful documentary, but the shooting style for the section on illness effects made me physically ill trying to watch all the shaky cam and rack focusing and tromboning. If that was on purpose, it did the job of conveying the feeling, I actually got nauseous, but MAN I found it distracting.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]