I just shot a story which required me to place Flips and GoPros all over an SUV for POV shots.
Perhaps this is old news to people who've had more experience with these cameras, but my experience may be useful to some of you.
When I formatted these wonderful small devices to get them ready for the shoot, that process reset their file naming convention to their fresh-from-the-factory settings. As a result, all the newly-formatted cameras of the same types started with idential names, like GoPr00001.mp4 (I'm guessing at the actual filename but it's of that type).
Two problems resulted. Multiple cameras of the same type created identically-named files. So in the rush to create a video news release, when we downloaded the files, one overwrote another. Easy enough to fix: download each camera to its own folder. But even then, in the editing process you have to deal with pairs of files with the same names. And right now, as I'm backing up the entire shoot to LTO tape via Retrospect Pro, I noticed another potential "gotcha": even if these identically-named files are in different folders, the default setting for file back-ups will exclude the second identical filename it encounters from the backup. (There is an option to include folder source as a criterion for exclusion, but that is not the default setting.)
So... when you shoot with multiple sets of these wonderful devices, do not reformat the cards until you know for sure that you've got it all. (btw - we didn't lose anything, noticed the problem right away, and all is well.)
If someone has figured out a way around this potential problem, please advise.