FORUMS: list search recent posts

I saw GoPro Hero cams at Best Buy now

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
I saw GoPro Hero cams at Best Buy now
on Dec 6, 2010 at 5:34:10 pm

Around $300 in a POP display in their camcorder department. Gosh they are cute little things; I thought they were larger for some reason. I don't have an immediate need for one, but darned if I don't want one, just in case of... something.

Return to posts index

Aleksander Ødegård
Re: I saw GoPro Hero cams at Best Buy now
on Dec 6, 2010 at 11:42:44 pm

Considering the price, it´s a piece of kit worth having for fooling around and for those special shots.
The image quality isnt all that, but its a though little camera you can put where ever you like, without worrying that it will break.

I recently used mine when documenting the first steps of tearing down the old hospital here in Trondheim, Norway.
Got the shot I needed just before it got covered in hydraulic oil from the machine I attached it to. The glue-pads didnt work in -20 degrees centigrade, so I had to fasten it with straps. Just washed it and it´s good to go again.

Aleksander Ødegård
http://www.fortfilm.com

Return to posts index

todd mcmullen
on Dec 7, 2010 at 12:35:13 am

will be testing one of these this week for a film. but, I have been using the contourHD for a while now. It is indispensible and indestructible. good image for quick cuts

Todd McMullen
Flip Flop Films
Austin
http://www.toddmcmullen.com

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Feb 3, 2011 at 4:51:37 pm

GoPro's are great for compositions with similar lighting across the frame, but for certain circumstances (e.g. lots of backlight) an HD camera of the "Palmcorder" size, with the ability to expose for a section of the frame, or on a face, can save the day.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]