FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cheap HD cameras. Which one is best for me?

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Conan Stott
Cheap HD cameras. Which one is best for me?
on Sep 21, 2010 at 9:02:19 am

Hi everyone. Well, I have a friend who is about to embark on series of Doco style shoots. She will be needing two cameras and the budjet for cameras is not great. Rather than go with HDV again... ( do I need to justify the reasons for that?) We have been looking at what is available in true HD on the cheap. I have noted these options.

sony handycam nex-vg10e
http://www.photographyblog.com/news/sony_handycam_nex-vg10e/

This one seems ok. The lens options are a bonus and the sensor seems decent. Im a little worried about the format and its workability. Although research suggest that Final Cut Pro will convert it to either Pro Res or Apple Intermediate. Has anyone had experience with this camera? And do you think its a viable option for broadcast quality doco style shoots? ( A lot of footage shot per actual footage that makes the cut)

And how does it compare to this?

http://www.sony.co.nz/product/hxr-mc50e

I think the lens and sensor options on this one may be not as good. But it is in the professional range rather than the consumer range so Im a tad confused as to it being priced cheaper than the Nex-vg10E

Now the other option is the 7D. At first glance it looks great. Bigger sensor, great lens options, very affordable. BUt does it really stand up to scrutiny? Ive heard its jumpy on pans (camera movement it no like) and does it just lose res like crazy when it records video?

Also Audio is an issue. Im looking into the audio inputs of each camera now.

Any opinion or info on this would be much appreciated. Im sorry if these comparisons have been done before, a search revealed some interesting discussions but nothing that could give me the answer I am really seeking.

Again, thanks

Regards

Conan.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]