FORUMS: list search recent posts

[VFX ] How make this effect and how is it named ?

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maurito Zarate
[VFX ] How make this effect and how is it named ?
on Aug 29, 2010 at 8:44:30 am

[VFX ] How make this effect and what is it named ?

Hello to Everybody,
I'd like to know if is there a specific name for VFX technic for which there are thing in normal motion but at the same time other things, like cars, people, etc..., moving in fast motion or in slow motion. All, naturally, in the same shoot.

See, for ex. "Requem for a dream", in scene where the main character Mama's, totally crazed, is going down the street to TV Studio...

How make this effect and how is it named ?

THX!

Return to posts index

grinner hester
Re: [VFX ] How make this effect and how is it named ?
on Aug 29, 2010 at 4:10:03 pm

Chroma keying the principal is the best way but I've seen fine results by having them move in slow motion while the rest of the scene performs real time action. You see this in music videos a lot... lip syncing to muisc at half speed, ect.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Aug 29, 2010 at 7:48:33 pm

Checkout this VideoCopilot tutorial. While it's not exact;\ly what you want the principles may be applicable. If you're not familiar with VidoCopilot, Andrew Kramer has over a hundred tutorials that can spark your creativity.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Maurito Zarate
on Aug 30, 2010 at 6:39:04 am

Thanks a lot guys!
I 've know that ... this effects was made... (Quote)

...that shot in requiem for a dream was shot with a milo motion control rig, she just kept doing everything at her normal speed and the rig would shoot a frame and stop and move the programmed distance and stop and shoot a single frame again...

But I' can't understand how and why they have MILO utilised for this fx (???) I thought about one shot in a green screen and an other one in location. And just after, made a compositing with both clips. Why MILO??? This big machine down the street? Sorry, I can't understand ...

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Aug 30, 2010 at 10:17:15 pm

Maybe someone wanted to play.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]