FORUMS: list search recent posts

How did they do that?

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Weaver
How did they do that?
on Aug 4, 2010 at 8:13:51 pm

Not sure if any of you guys have ever sat through the video to Taio Cruz's Break Your Heart, (here it is in all its glory:

), but there's some shots in there taken on board a speedboat going at quite a lick and I'm just wondering how on earth they managed to achieve that without the camera juddering all over the place and the picture breaking up.

I'd love to know, particularly as I've recently had a nightmare trying to get even a few seconds usable footage shot from a vehicle mount...

Cheers!

Return to posts index

clyde villegas
Re: How did they do that?
on Aug 5, 2010 at 8:47:56 am

green screen?

ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 5, 2010 at 2:02:01 pm

I'm gonna guess, for the shots from the bow looking aft, camera mount bolted to the front of the boat, plus some post-production motion stabilization, though it could also have been done with an RC chopper cam. Side profile shots in the cockpit look like they were shot conventionally and there seems to be plenty of bumps in there, one reason the shots may be really short.

Return to posts index

Emre Tufekci S.O.A.
on Aug 5, 2010 at 5:48:54 pm

And they probably used gyro stabilizers when needed.

Emre Tufekci
http://www.productionpit.com

Return to posts index

Neil Weaver
on Aug 5, 2010 at 7:29:39 pm

I wondered about an RC chopper but the camera is too aligned with the movement of the boat. I think Emre has it right with the gyro stabilization. Gotta get me one of those babies!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]