FORUMS: list search recent posts

data transfer rate or data storage, which one is more important for video editing?

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kai Zhang
data transfer rate or data storage, which one is more important for video editing?
on Jul 5, 2010 at 8:04:50 pm

Hey all!
I am a research associate for a technology incubator in Austin, TX. I am now conducting the market research for one of our portfolio companies. This is a solid state drive storage manufacturer based in Austin, Texas. It has the world’s most advanced data transfer technology and can accelerate the data transfer speed to as high as 2GB/s. With its cutting-edge data transfer technology, this company believes it is going to revolutionize the whole video editing experience.

However, I have been struggling to understand what video editors really want. I am not sure whether higher data rate or larger data storage is more important to the users. The tehcnology is competely based on the SSD. And the high SSD price results in a high price for the storage device. I wonder whether users are willing to pay money just for a faster data transfer rate.

What do you guys think about this?

To help this company better understand the market, I sincerely invite you to participate in our survey. You will have the honor of being part of this technology revolution! I will draw one winner out of all the participants. The winner will get a free SSD storage! This survey only consists of 10 questions. I truly appreciate your time. If you have any questions or are willing to participate in our survey, please feel free to reach me at kzhang@ati.utexas.edu

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]